Department of Mechanical Engineering
Room 1177, Building 089
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
- Ph.D.: Mechanical Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park, MD (Sep, 2009 ~ present)
- B.S. : Mechanical Engineering, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, Turkey (2009)
- B.S. : Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, Turkey (2009)
- Design and development of the discretely actuated steerable cannula
- Modeling and characterization of an arc-shaped SMA actuator
- Development of motion planning algorithms to steer the cannula to a desired location
- Ultrasound-based tracking and control of the discretely actuated steerable cannula
- Elif Ayvali, Chia-Pin Liang, Mingyen Ho, Yu Chen, and Jaydev P. Desai, “Towards A Discretely Actuated Steerable Cannula for Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures”, The International Journal of Robotics Research, 31(5), pp. 588-603, 2012; DOI: 10.1177/0278364912442429
- Elif Ayvali, and Jaydev P. Desai, “Pulse width modulation–based temperature tracking for feedback control of a shape memory alloy actuator”, Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures (Published online before print, September 9, 2013), DOI:10.1177/1045389X13502576.
Refereed Conference Proceedings
- Elif Ayvali and Jaydev P. Desai,“Accurate in-plane and out-of-plane ultrasound-based tracking of the discretely actuated steerable cannula”, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2014), Hong Kong, China, May 31-June 7, 2014.
- Elif Ayvali, Mingyen Ho, and Jaydev P. Desai, “A novel discretely actuated steerable probe for percutaneous procedures”, In 12th International Symposium on Experimental Robotics (ISER 2010), New Delhi, India, December 18-21, 2010.
- Elif Ayvali, and Jaydev P. Desai, “Towards a discretely actuated steerable cannula”, In IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2012), Saint Paul, MN, May 14-18, 2012.
- Elif Ayvali, and Jaydev P. Desai, “Motion planning for the discretely actuated steerable cannula”, In IEEE International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics (BIOROB 2012), June 24-27, Roma, Italy.
- Steerable Probe for Percutaneous Procedures, US Non-Provisional: filed in May 2013.