Department of Biomedical Engineering
Room 021, 801 Atlantic Drive
Atlanta, GA 30332
- Ph.D., Robotics, Georgia Institute of Technology, GA, USA (In Progress)
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, KAIST, South Korea (Aug. 2011)
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, KAIST, South Korea (Aug. 2009)
- Medical robots
- Hardik J. Pandya, Rajarshi Roy, Kihan Park, and Jaydev P. Desai, “Microscale Sensors for Breast Cancer Diagnosis”, Chapter 13 in Encyclopedia of Medical Robotics – Volume 2: Micro and Nano Robotics in Medicine, pp. 275-310, World Scientific, 2018; DOI: 10.1142/9789813232280_0013; ISBN: 978-9813232228.
- Kihan Park, Gabrielle E. Lonsberry, Marla Gearing, Allan I. Levey, and Jaydev P. Desai, “Viscoelastic Properties of Human Autopsy Brain Tissues as Biomarkers for Alzheimer’s Diseases”, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 66, no.6, pp. 1705 – 1713, Jun. 2019; DOI: 10.1109/TBME.2018.2878555.
- Kihan Park, Wenjin Chen, Marina A. Chekmareva, David J. Foran, and Jaydev P. Desai, “Electromechanical Coupling Factor of Breast Tissue as a Biomarker for Breast Cancer”, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 96-103, Jan. 2018; DOI 10.1109/TBME.2017.2695103.
- Kihan Park and Jaydev P. Desai, “Micropositioning and Control of an Underactuated Platform for Microscopic Applications”, IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 2635-2646, Dec. 2016; DOI: 10.1109/TMECH.2016.2579620.
- Hardik J. Pandya, Kihan Park, Wenjin Chen, Lauri A. Goodell, David J. Foran, and Jaydev P. Desai, “Towards a Portable Cancer Diagnostic Tool Using a Disposable MEMS-based Biochip”, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 63, no. 7, pp. 1347-1353, Jul. 2016; DOI: 10.1109/TBME.2016.2535364. [Cover Image and Monthly Highlighted Paper]
- Hardik J. Pandya, Kihan Park, Wenjin Chen, Marina A. Chekmareva, David J. Foran and Jaydev P. Desai, “Simultaneous MEMS-Based Electro-Mechanical Phenotyping of Breast Cancer”, Lab on a Chip, vol. 15, no. 18, pp. 3695-3706, Sep. 2015; DOI: 10.1039/C5LC00491H.
- Hardik J. Pandya, Kihan Park, and Jaydev P. Desai, “Design and Fabrication of a Flexible MEMS-Based Electro-Mechanical Sensor Array for Breast Cancer Diagnosis” Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 075025 (13pp), Jun. 2015; DOI: 10.1088/0960-1317/25/7/075025.
Refereed Conference Proceedings
- Kihan Park, Phillip Tran, Nancy Deaton, and Jaydev P. Desai, “Multi-walled Carbon Nanotube (MWCNT)/PDMS-based Flexible Sensor for Medical Applications”, IEEE International Symposium on Medical Robotics (ISMR 2019), pp. 69-76, Apr. 2019; DOI: 10.1109/ISMR.2019.8710193.
- Kihan Park and Jaydev P. Desai, “Machine Learning Approach for Breast Cancer Localization”, International Conference on Manipulation, Automation and Robotics at Small Scales (MARSS 2017), pp. 154-159, Jul. 2017; DOI: 10.1109/MARSS.2017.8001925. [Best Student Paper Award]
- Carolyn M. Davis, Kihan Park, Jaydev P. Desai, “Design and Analysis of a Under-actuated XY-theta Stage for Automated Tissue Indentation”, 2015 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2015), pp. 4331-4336, Sep. 2015; DOI: 10.1109/IROS.2015.7353991.