Final Paper Submission Instructions
If your paper is accepted, then you must revise your paper according to reviewers comments and upload the final paper (as an IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file) through your EasyChair account by February 15, 2019. You need to take these steps:
A) Symposium registration: Before paper upload, make sure you have registered for the symposium (1 paper upload per student registration and up to 2 paper uploads per full registration are allowed).
B) Prepare your camera-ready paper: Use the IEEE templates (MS Word or LaTex) to create your source document. Use US letter and not A4. The paper material (including text, figures, tables, acknowledgement, etc.) must fit into 6 pages, while there is no page limit for the bibliography/references section (n pages). Do not add page numbers to your paper.
You must add the appropriate copyright notice to your paper. It should go at the bottom of the left column on the first page only. The copyright notice should appear about 0.5 cm below the left column and should be aligned to the left with the same left margin as the column.
Note that the copyright notice may differ depending on the authorship. Please select the appropriate copyright notice to add to your manuscript based on the criteria below:
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is: U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-7825-1/19/$31.00 ©2019 Crown
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-7825-1/19/$31.00 ©2019 European Union
- For all other papers, the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-7825-1/19/$31.00 ©2019 IEEE
C) Ensure your paper is compatible with IEEE Xplore: Your paper must strictly follow the IEEE format to be included in IEEE Xplore. According to IEEE guidelines, it is mandatory to use PDF eXpress to convert your source file to IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file (Conversion function) or to check your own PDF file for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF Check function). PDF eXpress is a free service offered by IEEE. The PDF files that were not created or checked by PDF eXpress will NOT be accepted for IEEE Xplore inclusion.
Steps for creating your IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file:
1. Proofread and check the layout of the manuscript. It is highly recommended that you do this before the next steps.
2. Go to PDF eXpress.
3. Create a new account by clicking on “New Users – Click Here”. Enter the Conference ID: 44918X. Continue to enter information as prompted. You will receive an email confirming the successful creation of your account.
4. Through your created PDF eXpress account, upload either your source file for conversion to PDF, or your PDF file for checking.
5. You will have the opportunity to revise your source file if you are not satisfied with the PDF that PDF eXpress creates for you, or re-upload if your PDF fails the PDF eXpress check.
Technical support if you experience trouble in creating your PDF: email@example.com
Please note that while PDF eXpress states that the deadline for submitting your final paper is 1 April 2019, the actual deadline is 15 February 2019 as noted previously.
D) Upload your camera-ready paper: After the above steps, go to EasyChair and login as “author” to upload your final, IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file to ISMR 2019. Follow the link to “Update file”.
E) Submitting a copyright release form: You must also submit an IEEE Copyright Transfer Form. The corresponding author of each paper has received an individualized email with the subject line containing “Copyright Pending Notice” about how to submit such a form. This step is also necessary for the inclusion of your final paper in IEEE Xplore. Please note that if the title or authorship of your camera-ready paper has changed with respect to your initial submission, you need to inform the publication chairs (Jayender Jagadeesan and Pietro Valdastri) so that they send you a new invitation to submit the copyright form.
Initial Paper Submission
The 2019 International Symposium on Medical Robotics (ISMR) accepts full paper submissions. All papers must be written in English and submitted electronically in PDF format via EasyChair by
November 1, 2018 November 15, 2018.
The page limit for each submission is flexible. However, the paper material (including text, figures, tables, acknowledgement, etc.) must fit into 6 pages, while there is no page limit for the bibliography/references section (n pages).
Papers exceeding the (6+n) page limit at the time of submission will be returned without review.
Authors should prepare their papers based on IEEE templates. Please use US letter.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed. Depending on the outcome of the review process, each accepted paper will be chosen for either an oral or a poster presentation. All accepted papers will be published in the symposium proceedings. All accepted AND presented papers that follow the IEEE format will be included in IEEE Xplore.
Note that a student registration fee covers only one accepted paper to be uploaded for inclusion in the symposium proceedings. A full registration fee covers up to two accepted paper uploads, provided the registrant is an author on both papers.