Department of Biomedical Engineering
Room 021, 801 Atlantic Drive
Atlanta, GA 30332
- Ph.D., Robotics, Georgia Institute of Technology (In Progress)
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Maryland (May 2016)
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University (May 2013)
- Development of a minimally invasive neurosurgical intracranial robot phase II (MINIR-II)
- Active Stiffness Tuning of a Spring-Based Continuum Robot for MRI-Guided Neurosurgery”, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 18-28, Feb. 2018; DOI: 10.1109/TRO.2017.2750692.
- -1397, Dec. 2017; DOI: 10.1109/TRO.2017.2719035. Toward the Development of a Flexible Mesoscale MRI-Compatible Neurosurgical Continuum Robot”, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 33, no.6, pp. 1386
- -993, Aug. 2017; 10.1109/TRO.2017.2679199. New Actuation Mechanism for Actively Cooled SMA Springs in a Neurosurgical Robot”, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 33, no.4, pp. 986
- Shing Shin Cheng, Yeongjin Kim, and Jaydev P. Desai, “Modeling and Characterization of SMA Springs with Water Cooling Strategy in a Neurosurgical Robot”, Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, Article first published online, Jan. 2017; DOI: 10.1177/1045389X16685443.
- Mingyen Ho, Yeongjin Kim, Shing Shin Cheng, Rao Gullapalli, and Jaydev P. Desai. “Design, development, and evaluation of an MRI-guided SMA spring-actuated neurosurgical robot.” The International journal of robotics research, vol. 34, no. 8 (2015): 1147-1163.
Refereed Conference Proceedings
- 1685–1690, Sep. 2017; DOI: 10.1109/IROS.2017.8205980. Design and analysis of a remotely-actuated cable-driven neurosurgical robot”, 2017 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2017), pp.
- Shing Shin Cheng, Yeongjin Kim, Jaydev P. Desai, “Towards Real-Time Control of a Neurosurgical Robot: MINIR-II,” 2015 International Symposium on Robotics Research (ISRR 2015) (Accepted)
- Shing Shin Cheng and Jaydev P. Desai, “Towards High Frequency Actuation of SMA Spring for the Neurosurgical Robot – MINIR-II,” 2015 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2015), Seattle, Washington.
- Yeongjin Kim, Shing Shin Cheng, Aleksandrs Ecins, Cornelia Fermuller, Kelly P. Westlake, Jaydev P. Desai, “Towards a robotic hand rehabilitation exoskeleton for stroke therapy,” Proceedings of ASME 2014 Dynamic Systems and Control Conference, 2014, San Antonio, Texas.